DataConnector Version 2?

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2010 at 4:59 AM

If you have been using DataConnector, let us know if you have any suggestions for V2?

Here are a couple of ideas...

• SQL Azure support
  • AJAX version
  • Heatmaps
  • Polygon holes

Let us know your thoughts.

Thanks

OnTerra Systems Team

Sep 16, 2010 at 7:13 PM
Edited Sep 17, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Wow guys!  I'm SOO thankful for this download as it's helped me greatly with a project I'm currently working on. 

Just have a quick question: How do you get that Directory Listing page to not load/display when you run the app?

Thanks again!

Building the solution and pressing F5 to run the app first displays a Directory Listing showing all files on the Web Project:

Directory Listing -- /

Friday, June 25, 2010 03:53 PM        <dir> App_Data
        Friday, June 25, 2010 06:56 PM        <dir> bin
        Friday, June 25, 2010 04:20 PM          349 ClientAccessPolicy.xml
 Thursday, September 16, 2010 01:22 PM        5,479 DataConnectorWCF.csproj
 Thursday, September 16, 2010 01:22 PM        1,067 DataConnectorWCF.csproj.user
        Friday, June 25, 2010 04:11 PM        <dir> images
        Friday, June 25, 2010 04:11 PM        <dir> obj
        Friday, June 25, 2010 04:11 PM        <dir> Properties
 Thursday, September 16, 2010 01:22 PM        <dir> ServiceContracts
 Thursday, September 16, 2010 01:22 PM        <dir> Services
 Thursday, September 16, 2010 01:15 PM        7,522 Web.config

Version Information: ASP.NET Development Server 10.0.0.0 

Developer
Sep 18, 2010 at 11:40 PM

If you are using VisualStudio you can right click on Default.aspx in the DataConnectorUI2.Web web project and then select "Set as Start Page".

Or you can open the DataConnectorUI2.Web web project properties and set 'Start Action' to a specific page called 'Default.aspx.'

When deploying to IIS you would want to add Default.aspx to your default page list if it isn't already there.

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Yeah I had already checked that... it already was set to Default.aspx.  Again, if I just unzip the DataConnector files and do all the other necessary setup changes (ie, create/load db, set Map key, etc.) and run the app this happens... two separate browser windows are opened with the Dir listing page having focus (if I close it the app page is closed as well).  Could this have anything to do with ClientAccessPolicy.xml file?  I haven't even tried moving it to a deployment server but I would expect a similar issue.  So, I take it you're not seeing this at all.  Am I the only one this is happening to (anybody else using this)?

Anyways, regarding suggestions the following are wishlist items.. really the sample app is truly wonderful :P:

• Draggable borders - Make the buffer shapes modifiable once drawn (ie, add ability to drag proximity circle or AOI box and extend/shrink it)
  • Cancel draw - Add escape key or some way of canceling out of draw mode once you start
  • Dynamic Tiler Layer Clustering - Neat how you're doing this... correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like you're pulling in cached tiles of your data at the server... can I do this dynamically with my data?
  • Custom Pushpins - Ability to show custom pushpins (eg, resizeable images that grow/shrink as you hover mouse over them) and custom tooltips using styling; apparently you started doing this as I noticed the Pin.xaml/cs files.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Mar 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM

To get rid of the directory listing :

From the project choose DataConnectorWCF rightclick -> properties->Web and Select 'Dont Open a page'. You get a warning message when you debug though I think.

Great work guys Im having a lot of fun with this.  I found you through an online hosted VM that MS Sales use to show BI tools.

Mar 8, 2011 at 3:41 PM
malcsterm wrote:

To get rid of the directory listing :

From the project choose DataConnectorWCF rightclick -> properties->Web and Select 'Dont Open a page'. You get a warning message when you debug though I think.

Great work guys Im having a lot of fun with this.  I found you through an online hosted VM that MS Sales use to show BI tools.

Haven't had much free time to look at this in a while but... Thanks!  That did it!